Us Glam Gals love to look good but we would also like that special man in our life to look good too. Would you like it if your boyfriend sat next to you getting a pedicure and manicure himself or is that too “flamboyant” for your taste? Personally, I’m into a “Man’s man” and I’d just clean up his nails myself! ;P
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts featured on yahoo’s SHINE for Male Grooming:
1. DON’T: Manis/Pedis – André Leon Talley is the only man who should remain the pedicure prince—it works for the Vogue editor-at-large. But as for our main squeeze who isn’t a head honcho at one of the most well-renowned fashion magazines? We’d rather not have our guy sitting with us at our next salon visit.
2. DO: Nail clipping – No more hangnails, guys, and keep them short! We just hope that he opts for the clipper and not his teeth when trimming down his man talons.
3. DON’T: Eyebrow waxing – Men are complete wimps when it comes to this kind of beauty regimen, so we don’t know many who would opt to have facial hair ripped out of their face with a hot wax strip. (Of course, with the exception of Pauly D from MTV’s The Jersey Shore).
4. DO: Eyebrow Tweezing (and nose/ear hair trimming) – Because no one wants to date the guy with the unibrow…or the long nose hair…or the curly ear hair.
5. DON’T: Self-tanning – We would have a hard time taking him seriously if we saw him sitting on the side of the tub, exfoliating and smoothing in a self-tanner. Bronze glowing skin should definitely be left to women.
6. DO: SPF – Women’s magazines are great for pushing for their readers to wear a daily SPF 30, but men are hardly exposed to this information. Protect his skin with a masculine product like Every Man Jack, available for $8 at select drugstores.